Suggest treatment for lower back pain when diagnosed with breast cancer

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Cancer
Question: My 90-year old mother has stage-4, triple negative breast cancer. It has gone into her bones with significant lower back pain. Chemo was started with no pain relief. So, chemo was stopped and she's at the 7th of 10 radiation treatments. Back pain is still significant.
Is there any other treatment for an otherwise healthy 90-year old or are we just in a pain management mode to keep her as comfortable as possible?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. There are several ways

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the details. So pain can be managed in several ways
Bisphosphonate or rank ligand drug xgeva can be used to relief pain.
Analgesics can be used.
Opioids drugs can be used. Moreover, bone seeking raduonuclide therapy is also an option.
You can discuss these options with your doctor.
Pain control can be achieved adequately by these methods.
Thanks and regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad