Owl Image

Suggest treatment for low sperm count

Owl Image
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Question
hi
puss cells are 8-10 as per latest report. Morphology is 80%. pH 7.4
sperm concentration 28.64
percent motility 35 % (grade A- 10%, B -25%, C-65%)
shall we go for IVF techinque or i should take some medicine which can improve grade A motility.
which medicine for which i should go for how many months or days?
Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
ICSI

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply

1. ICSI is the best technique that suits your condition.

2. Sperm count is too low. Motility is also low.

3. Medicines are unlikely to change it.

4. Going for ICSI is best option.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF and infertility Specialist

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for low sperm count 26 hours later
Sir,
Is it pus cells are main reason to low sperm counts ?

Baby from ICSI technique will be healthier or not like happens in normal delivery ?

Request you share genuine information me and wife wants to have only one baby only. I will not mind going for ICSI if baby is going to be a normal.

Please give your best thoughts about it.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
ICSI

Detailed Answer:

Pus cells are not reason for decreased count.

Anyway you get semen culture and sensitivity test done to check infection producing puscells and get treatment accordingly.

ICSI baby or normal conception there is no difference. Baby is going to be same as any normally conceived baby.

Dont worry and go ahead with ICSI.