question-icon

Suggest treatment for leg pain and cramping

Posted on Mon, 11 May 2015
Question: Almost every night I get leg pain and cramping by morning. I am on a CPAP and it performs much better when I sleep on my side. Now the sides of my hips hurt during the night, depending on how long I sleep on one side plus I get the lower leg aches. Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi (58 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
deficiency of minerals and calcium

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have studied your case.
There is possibility of cramps due to deficiency of minerals and calcium.
I will advise you to take plenty of water. Take supplements of potassium calcium and vitamin D along with Vitamin E.
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and Tens may give you relief.
If required you may need x ray hips.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to contact us. I will be happy to answer. Take care.
Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon