Does discontinuing vitamin E pills affect the mechanism of blood coagulation?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am having a prostate biopsy this afternoon and have taken some multi- vitamin supplement for my eye health with Vitamin E at 200iu per day (3 pills). I stopped yesterday morning after the first pill. There is a concern with bleeding for the biopsy and are not to take aspirin, etc for a week. I did not realize Vitamin E might be a problem - is it?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vit E will not create any problem .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

You have undergone Biopsy of Prostate and has stopped taking Vit E

Vitamin E does not have any action related to bleeding and coagulation mechanism of blood

You can continue taking it .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 minutes later
when can I expect an answer?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I have answered your query .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .I have already answered your query .

Thanks and Regards.
dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 11 minutes later
I have not had the biopsy yet - later today. It sounds like it is OK to have been taking Vitamin E before my exam. I did stop one day prior to exam and will take none on exam day. Is that OK as Vitamin E has no impact on blood coagulation?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can continue Vit E

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

You can take Vit E even on the day of planned Biopsy .

Thanks and Regards.
dr.Patil,