Suggest treatment for leg numbness and hip pain

Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have hip pain that set in about a week ago steady. It causes low degree numbness down my leg into my toes. Sitting seems to bother worse than walking. It eases when I lay down.I have had some hip pain for some time but it was low intensity and just an aggravation. It is just the last few weeks it has become worse, especially when riding long distances.
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get xray done.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

It seems there occurs compression of nerves in lumbar area which supply hip and lower limb.

So I'd advice you to have X-ray of lumbosacral spine in AP and Lateral view and X-ray of both hip joints in AP View and send me the report.

I want to see present condition of disc space and vertebrae of lumbosacral region and condition of your hip joints.

I also advise you to visit orthopedic surgeon, he will do your physical examination and act accordingly.

Till then avoid weightlifting and journey, games etc.

Have tab.Aceclofenac 100mg twice a day by prescription of your treating doctor as this medicine is not over the counter.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D