Suggest treatment for labial swelling

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Mon, 25 Jan 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Both my labias are swollen and they don't burn bad but it's uncomfortable to walk. How do I get it to go down?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Proper examination is mandatory to determine the cause

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Labial swelling is most likely due to vaginal infection or bartholin gland enlargement.
I will suggest you to consult an OBGYN specialist to get properly examined, investigated including vaginal swab examination to determine infection and get appropriate treatment.
In the meantime, you can take some analgesic tablet to have some comfort in swelling.
A proper examination is must prior to treatment.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Please do get back for further queries.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN