• question-icon

Suggest treatment for knee pain

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Back Pain
Question: Hello Doctor,

In the last month I suffered from Knee pain for about a week to 10 days and I visited a Orthopedic. After diagnosis, he confirmed that its because of reduction in lubricant and gave me medicines for 10 days. I used them and got relieved from the pain. Since one week I started to exercise on static cycle and stopped it from 4-5 days. One more thing is I have a 9 month old baby and mine is a c-section. I stay in a duplex house which requires climbing stairs carrying my baby for atleast 4-5 times in a day. From the past two days I am starting to experience the knee pain again. I gave you all the details so that you will have better understanding of my situation. Please suggest what could be reason for this recurring pain and remedy for the same.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be anterior knee pain.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon .
This kind of knee pain , we diagnose as anterior knee pain is quite common at your age. It involves normally front part of your knee joint.
For this condition, most useful exercises are Isometric Quadriceps exercises , to be done twice daily , after learning from a physiotherapist. In the meantime you can take a painkiller as and when required, do hot fomentation twice daily, apply local analgesic cream twice daily and avoid sitting with knee bent for 2-3 weeks. In this time , hopefully you will feel much better. If no improvement , get x rays of the knee joints. Continue all your routine activities including climbing stairs.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon