• question-icon

Suggest treatment for knee pain while on colchicine

Posted on Fri, 13 Nov 2015 in Lupus
Question: Started a gout attack in my knee. My doctor gave me colchicine with the dosing of .6/day. I'm up in the middle of the night with pain. I have hydrocodone apap, Motrin 800mg, Advil 200mg and indomethacin 50mg. What's the best medicine to take for relief of pain and works well with colchicine.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I think you should take hydrocodone .

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that colchicine is an anti-inflammatory drug so it will be best if we add an opioid analgesic to the same so in my opinion hydrocodone apap should serve this purpose .

Dr. Shruti
Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist