Is Xanax the same as Vicoprofen?
avoid combined use. Supportive care advised
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Vicoprofen is an opioid analgesic with hydrocodone in it and xanax is a sedative and anxiolytic. Hydrocodone is sedative too so yes use of both drugs combined can lead to extreme sedation and addiction and should be avoided. But if xanax is prefered, you will need some NSAID pain killers along with xanax. On the other hand, vicoprofen is complete package of both sedative and painkiller.
Talk to your physician and let them decide what is best for you. I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
Believe me, I don't want to be on this , but with pain and anxiety, it is tough. Also, I am very high strung, and is a person who strives for perfection. I also have a demanding job, but have gotten proficient ratings for 18 years. I just don't feel as happy as I did prior to more work, less pay, but love my job and look forward to going to it. I do feel crappy a lot and being I'm chronic pain and having anxiety of the increased stress, I feel like I need to do something about it now. I don't want Togo downhill and fear that will happen, which leads my worry part in me, as weel, daily. I will see my pcp in a few weeks and plan to talk with her.
No harm in taking small doses
Thank you for getting back to me
The above mentioned combination is not lethal. Only dose adjustment is required and small doses should be administered whether you use tramadol or hydrocodone. I would suggest simple NSAIDs and muscle relaxants for the pain as those have less side effect profile and more outcome.
I hope it helps .
Thank you for getting back to me
I believe natural measures and psychotherapy sessions are superior than medicinal aids, after all its all in will and slight trigger is all one need. Good counselling sessions, some rehab sessions, vocational and recreational rehab, more outdoor activities, good lifestyle and sleep patterns all help. No anxiolytic is over the counter as its misuse is suspected. That is why any anxiolytic is available on prescription request only.
I hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is sleepiness a side effect of vicoprofen?
- Is difficulty with swallowing a side effect of vicoprofen?
- Vicoprofen 200 7.5
- Side effect of vicoprofen
- Usage of vicoprofen
- Vicoprofen 10 200
- Is diarrhea a side effect of vicoprofen?
- Vicoprofen 7.5 mg
- Is lightheadedness or dizziness a side effect of vicoprofen?
- Vicoprofen 10 mg
- Inflamed gums, bleeding. Was on prednisone. Had herpes. Is this a sign...
- Upper eyelid skin graft done to lengthen eyelid was not successful. Can...
- Diagnosed with stiff person syndrome and having muscle spasms. Taking ...
- Have hep c, HIV with anemia, fluid retention in legs, rash on palms and...
- Having trouble sleeping due to worry. Done with nuclear stress test and...
- Have Polymyalgia rheumatica. Having pain and feeling uncomfortable. What...
- Suffering from severe anxiety and pain in abdomen. Could It be...
- What is the best cream for haemorrhoids?
- Feels like room is spinning and have dizziness. Could I ask a doctor?
- Experiencing pain in ear and getting headache around left ear. What...