Suggest treatment for kidney stone with hydronephrosis
I am more scared about moderate hydronephrosis..
It needs to be removed by ureteroscope.
Dear XXXXXXX Hi
I can understand your concern.
Since over a period of one month the the stone has passed down from the pelviureteric junction (upper portion of the ureter) to the vesicoureteric junction (above the urinary bladder) but become stuck at the constricted (narrow) part of the ureter. This has resulted in back pressure due to collection of urine within the collecting system of the kidney causing hydronephrosis.
Usually kidney stones of less than 5 mm tend to pass spontaneously. However, if the stone persists to cause obstruction along with pain, it needs to removed.
If neglected, it can impair the kidney functions on the affected side or it may also cause infection of the urinary tract.
Since the stone is located in the lowermost portion of the uterus, it can be easily removed by ureteroscope (thin lighted tube). To remove the stone in your ureter, your doctor pass the ureteroscope) equipped with a camera through your urethra and bladder to your ureter.
Once the stone is located, special tools can break the stone into pieces that will pass in your urine. Your doctor may then place a small tube (stent) in the ureter to relieve swelling and promote healing. You may need general or local anesthesia during this procedure.
So, I advise you to consult a urologist for further evaluation & treatment.
Hope this answers your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hydronephrosis kidney stone
- What treatment is suggested for kidney stone
- Kidney stone self treatment
- Kidney stones and hydronephrosis need homeopathic treatment
- History of kidney stone diagnosed with hydronephrosis of kidney reason
- Suggest treatment for kidney stones
- Kidney stones hydronephrosis high uric acid levels treatment options
- What is the suggested treatment for dissolving kidney stones
- Suggest treatment for blood in urine due to kidney stones
- Kidney stone treatment in nutrilite