Suggest treatment for joint pain , nerve pain and weight loss

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Lupus
Question: 32F, joint pain in hands, nerve pain in lower back, swelling, recent 42 lb weight loss with no diet/activity change. + ANA with homogeneous & speckled pattern
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Test result is not significant

Detailed Answer:

ANA titre of 1:320 may not be considered diagnostic. The homogenous and speckled pattern of antibody reaction can be sen in normal individuals too.

I suggest you to get a test called C-reactive protein and RA factor estimation. These can provide a link between your symptoms and the weakly positive ANA titre.

If you are on medication please do mention the same.
Is the pain in the joints more in the mornings ?
Do you face stiffness in the joints specially in the mornings?

Waiting for your response,

Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 48 minutes later
Joint pain, stiffness and swelling is all the time not just in the morning. Rheumatoid factor was 8. Crp scheduled for monday.

Also suffering from chronic heart burn. Flakey nails.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Shall wait for the CRP report

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

The symptoms you have can also be seen in Lupus, I would like to rule other forms of inflammatory disorders. Let me wait for the CRP report. Please upload it once you receive it.