Suggest treatment for itchy rash on finger

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I developed a rash a few days ago. First thought they were tiny bites. Started with 3 on one finger, raised, blister like although none of them seem to have leaked any fluid despite some scratching. VERY itchy. Has progressed to several fingers, backs of hands, arms, and back. Around the same time I saw the rash I developed a very congested cough (not sure if related). Have a new baby in the house and was concerned of spreading to her.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anti Histaminics/Allergics will cure

Detailed Answer:
Hi Madam,
I have carefully read your query and understand your concern.

As per your clinical history and uploaded image ,you most likely have "ALLERGIC CONTACT DERMATITIS". These usually don't spread from person to person through contact.

These blisters and rash have allergic basis and you most possibly have come in contact with a substance unknowingly,mounting this hypersensitivity reaction.

I strongly advice you to keep away from pollen,chemical petroleum products and dust.

The current symptoms of you can be safely managed with inj Hydrocortisone 100 mg,followed by tab Levocetrizine 10 mg twice daily ,tab Deslor 10 mg once a day at bed time,tab Asthalin twice a day.

Antitussive syrup like Tusq D can reduce your chest congestion and eliminate your cough.These drugs can be used for 2 weeks for effective control of symptoms.

Please discuss regarding the above treatment with your doctor.

You will be fine soon,so be rest assured.

I hope and wish my feedback is useful and convincing to you.
In case of further need ,please post further follow up queries.
Kindly give your valuable feedback by rating my answer as it helps to improve my presentation,

Thank you,
Wish you good health,
Dr.Suresh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari