Suggest treatment for itchy bump on wrist
it's near my wrist. it's flat. it keeps feeling near the center. I poured hydrogen peroxide on it and it turned white and it stung a little. I have no idea where it came from its the only one I have.
Take antihistamine - post a photograph and do not apply anything locally
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history related to the bite near the wrist, flat, keeps feeling/filling near the center - H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) turned it white and stung a little- the only your had.
Your posting a clear photograph would have helped me more.
This looks to be an insect bite of unknown origin.
I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Take an antihistamine.
Oral steroids if required if the inflammation is too much or is spreading.
Do not apply anything locally unless instructed by your Doctor.
Please give me a few more details:
When was the bite/ when did you notice it?
What is the size?
Do you mean to say that it is filling near the center (you wrote feeling- sensation)
Any local redness or itching or any other symptoms or problems you have?
Hydrogen peroxide on coming in contact with the dead part of the skin/dirt can turn that area into white.
I hope this answer helps you.
Please give feedback.
Please take an additional antibiotic
Thanks for your feedback.
Noted about peeling, blood and pus coming out and itching.
You may have to take an additional antibiotic.
Consult a Doctor to get examined, cleaned and dressed if required and get a proper prescription based antibiotic and other medicines as already discussed above.
It seems you could not post the photograph.
Antibiotic and twice daily dressing till it he infection free.
Thanks for the photograph.
It shows there is infection and the whole skin is not there.
You need to change the dressing twice daily for early healing in the initial phase till the infection is settled.
Taking antibiotics orally will heal it faster.
There is no need of oral or topical steroids.
Need a prescription of a Doctor
Antibiotic to kill the bacteria- this is a prescription based medicines hence you have to get a prescription from a Doctor to get it from Pharmacy/Medical Store.
Thanks for your appreciation.
You are most welcome.
You may contact me in future on the following link if you need my opinion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Torn cartilage in wrist treatment
- Suggest treatment for ganglions cysts om wrist
- Treatment for a spiral fracture of the wrist
- Hygroma wrist treatment
- Wrist swelling treatment sprained wrist
- Suggest treatment for swelling and itching of wrist vein
- Hairline wrist fracture treatment
- Treatment of wrist drop
- Suggest treatment for wrist pain after an accidental fall
- Suggest treatment to remove cyst on wrist
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis