Suggest treatment for itching sensation in vagina while suffering from weakness in bladder

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Women's Health
Question: vaginal itch due to bladder weakness
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
First consult doctor to find out the cause for itching.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.

What exactly you mean by itching due to bladder weakness? Has the bladder descended down into vagina? Do you have any discharge? Are there any whitish patches on the vagina? If you give me these details, I will be able to help you better.

Since you have not mentioned any other symptoms, Vaginal itching in your case is most likely due to vaginal mucosal atrophy ( thinning of the lining of vagina due to estrogen deficiency). It is important that you get examined by doctor to make sure that the itching is due vaginal atrophy and not due to infection or other skin conditions.
Itching due to vaginal atrophy can be treated by estrogen cream. If you do not want to use hormones, you can use moisturizers like Replens, Fresh start etc.

Add estrogen rich foods in your diet like, soya beans, tofu, flax seeds. beans etc in your diet.

I hope this helps.
If you have further concerns, do write to me. I will be happy to answer.

Best wishes,
Dr Rama