Suggest treatment for irregular menstruation

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I been having irregular periods since I was in my 20's. I'm 32 now. I can go 4 to 5 months without a period. when it does come down, can stay for 2 days or sometimes 2 weeks and then disappear again. it gets aggravating sometimes. I can't even concieve a child. I need answers on what can cause me to have irregular periods. Is having a irregular menstruation can cause me not to get pregnant? Is it too late for me to conceive?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be hormonal imbalance.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Having irregular periods at a gap of 2-3 months can be due to hormonal imbalance or polycystic ovaries. in both the cases it causes a problem in conception. You need detailed tests under the guidance of a gynecologist to find the cause and help you to get regular periods. You can conceive with the help of medicines.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad