Suggest treatment for intramural fibroids and nabothian cysts

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: i have intramural fibroids, nabothian cysts. Is hysterectomy is only solution. I am 45 y with history of above-normal bleeding since years.
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can consult an interventional radiologist and discuss embolisation

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.

You have a single small fibroid in the uterus. Though hysterectomy is a known solution, in your case there are alternative treatments line embolisation. This is done in few places and you need to consult an interventional radiologist and discuss in detail.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng