Suggest treatment for insect bite dermatitis around ankle

Dermatologist
Question
9 days ago I had a few insect bites around my ankle. I was on the beach and land on lake XXXXXXX in Ohio. I developed a rash in the area around the bites. I had two bites on my ankle about an 8th of an inch apart and one bite 3-1/2 inches higher on my ankle. The rash around the two bites is now about 1-3/4 inches across by 1 inch high and the rash around the single bite is about 1/2 inch in diameter. There is not a bullseye pattern. The rash is raised bumps similar looking to ecxema (i have two photos to upload). What could it be and how should I treat this?
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Insect bite dermatitis , start treatment soon

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I have seen the attached pictures .
You surely seem to have developed lesions of insect bite dermatitis .
Since the allergic reaction seems to be severe, you should start intake of an antihistamine tablet like tablet claritin once a day or you can take benadryl in the adult dosage.
Also you need to mix and apply a topical steroid cream like cortisone and a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin or mupirocin over the affected areas twice a day.
Keep the affected area clean and dry.
Do not apply any other cream or oil over it. Wear cotton clothes so as to avoid any further friction.

Dr Geetika Paul