Suggest treatment for inflammation of elbow
Whoops! My e-mail address is YYYY@YYYY
If non infected then 3 to 4 weeks can bring the swelling down.
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. If non infected then 3 to 4 weeks can bring down the swelling and inflammation. You can apply ice packs , take NSAIDs like ibuprofen. But if it is reddish color and having severe pain better to have a consultation with orthopedician to rule out infection and for aspiration if necessary. There is another condition called gout which gives same picture like redness and swelling should be ruled out by seeing uric acid levels in blood also. Even if there is no infection aspiration of excess fluid will help to relieve the symptoms. Corticosteroid injections like triamcinolone locally also helps. In case of infection antibiotics also will be needed.
Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for itching in handsknucklesfacechest and elbows
- Suggest treatment for itching on elbows
- Treatment for inflammation
- Suggest treatment for tennis elbow
- Suggest treatment for painful bruise on the elbow
- Suggest treatment for injured painful elbow
- Suggest treatment to cure an open lump on elbow
- Suggest treatment to lower the inflammation of the pancreas
- Suggest treatment for inflammation of penis skin
- Suggest treatment for pain in elbows