Suggest treatment for inflammation in the bile duct

Posted on Wed, 26 Apr 2017 in Lump
Question: My mother was told by radiologist when she had cat scan that she has bile duct inflammation as well as fluid backing up into one kidney. Very painful stomach. Is this easily treatable?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be treated.

Detailed Answer:
I would like to have some more information
1.What is the size/diameter of the Bileduct
2.Any stones in the Gall bladder/Bile duct.
3.Values of Liver function tests,Serum creatinine
4.Please attach CT scan abdomen report.
Inflammation of the bile duct can be treated by Broad spectrum antibiotics.Anti inflammatory tablet should be added based on kidney function/Serum creatinine levels.
Exact nature of the Kidney will be given in CT.If Hydronephrosis is diagnosed,treatment depends on the cause.
If the pain is severe, I prefer to treat the patient under admission with Intravenous antibiotics and injectable pain killers.
Nothing to worry.
Please consult your doctor immediately and proceed further.
Wish her speedy recovery.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions, I will clarify further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Answered by
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1995

Answered : 2534 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Lab Tests ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Bile duct inflammation

doctor1 MD

Hi, I've been having random sharp pains on right abdominal side. Been feeling it for months. Hurts when lying on right side or wear tight fitting...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am Almabrouk,, My Gallbladder was removed in January 2016, before that an Endoscopy was preformed to remove some stones from my CBD and CHD....

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am a 39 year old male and have advanced MS. I usually take oral Medrol for 3 to 4 days every two months to help with MS symptoms. It's time...

doctor1 MD

A recent blood test showed I have 'elevated' levels of gamma gt. The results were provided to me by my doctor on the phone. He said it was...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

180 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction