Suggest treatment for infection on leg

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i was just reading the sensation of cold water running down the ankle. mine is a little different. i have ms. i have actual water weeping down . also, the ankle is very cold to the touch
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
can you provide more information and an Image?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry too hear about this weeping leg. This could be a sign of infection or excess fluid retention that needs to be closely evaluated and managed accordingly. If you have a disease condition like liver, cardiovascular or kidney that causes excess fluid accumulation, this is a risk factor for chronic leg infections.

Also, do you have pain on this leg? Any redness? Increased swelling? Is this leg of the same size as the other leg?

In all, I will like to get answers to the above questions. Also, I would be glad if you can provide a picture image for inspection so that it would help narrow down the least of possible causes and provide a more personalized and helpful response.

I look forward to hearing from you. I wish you well and feel free to request for more information.