Suggest treatment for improper bowel movements

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
Hello, ive been having improper bowel movement and eating habits for quite a while now,( over a year) which has made my lower abdomin bloated(full of shit) but even worse, today i passed gas and noticed a gooey mucus like jelly discharge tht had no strong odor, and was a brownish yellow color. Is this serious or temporary??? I figure i can fixthe problem myself by eating more fruits n veggies, accompanied by visiting the restroom daily, but in the back of my mind i feel it could be serious so i am in need of some info from a trained professional, thank u very much for ur time
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Praveen G 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Donot Neglect

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

This can be managed by adopting good eating behavior like consuming more of green leafy vegetables, fiber rich food, banana, papaya and drinking lot of fluids. This will improve your intestinal motility and add good consistency to your stool.

You can take Syp Duphalac, 5ml, twice daily for atleast 15 days which may regularize your bowel habits and improve your condition.

Even after this, if your symptoms are persisting you may require some lab tests like stool examination,per rectal examination and barium enema. Which can be performed by an gastroenerologist.

Thank you.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for improper bowel movements 11 hours later
Thank u very much for the info, if it does persist, would u assume i could most likely have a serious condition, or most likely not?

Answered by Dr. Praveen G 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Require evaluation before telling the prognosis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query,

I have recommended these investigations only to make accurate diagnosis following which we can treat you properly and adequately.

Prognosis depends upon the type of disease. If you adopt healthy eating habits it can relieve your symptoms and improve your condition.

Thank you.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for improper bowel movements 1 hour later
How serious can related diseases be?

Answered by Dr. Praveen G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Diagnosis is based on investigations

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query,

Don't be so panic, it may be a irritable bowel syndrome which will be corrected by changing your food habits.

Get back to me after these investigations.
Thank you.