What are the side effects of astor, deplatt 75mg?

Hello doctor,sys my father has been going through a series of ailments like kidney,liver , heart. Yesterday he got discharged from the hospital after a series of 3 dialysis. we have been given some medicines ,which we would like to know what are they for and if there is any side effects of it. your help will be really appreciated. Tab Astor 1-1-0 Tab Deplatt 75mg 1-0-0 Tab Cordarone 100 mg 1-0-0 Tab Synprotik 1-1-1 Tab Vibact BD 1-0-1 for 3 days Tab Isolazine 1 tab od 1-0-0 Tab Ceftum 500 mg 1-0-1 Tab metformin 500mg 1-1-1 before meals. Tab Lasix 20 mg 1-1-1 cap aciguard 1-0-1 Syp Duphalac 20cc 1-0-1 these are the medicines prescribed by the doctors. Kindly help us know why these medicines are used for.
Sat, 17 Nov 2018

Deplatt (Clopidrogel) is an anti-platelet drug and helps to prevent thrombus formation in blood vessel.

Astor (atorvastatin) is blood lipid (cholesterol) lowering drug and prevents atherosclerosis & is again given as prophylaxis for thrombus formation in blood vessel.

Cordarone (amiodarone) is an anti-arrhythmic drug and is given for cardiac arrhythmias(commonly ventricular premature beats,Atrial fibrillation etc). Synprotik is a probiotic and a supportive drug.Vibact is again a probiotic containing Lactobacillus.

Lsolazine is combination of Isosorbide dinitrate & Hydralazine and is coronary dilators and used for cardiac angina. Ceftum (Cefuroxime) is an antibiotic and is used to treat infection , usually for 5-7 days.

Tab Metformin is an oral anti-diabetic drug. Tab Lasix is a diuretic and is given for kidney,cardiac condition. Aciguard is an antacid preparation and is used for acidity,heartburn,peptic dyspepsia. Duphalac is laxative and used for constipation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Tushar Kanti Biswas, Internal Medicine Specialist