Suggest treatment for high uric acid levels and diabetes

Dr. Sridhar K

Diabetologist

Posted on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 in Diabetes
Question: Hello Doctor

Please suggest Diet chart and precautions (dos and Don't) for High Uric acids and diabetes..

Refer attached Reports of my father.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sridhar K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
To control uric acid

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing Health Care Magic, Have gone through the reports and it is found that Uric acid is little high and GGTp(one of the liver enzyme is also high)

There are few natural ways to control Uric Acid that can be followed

1. Apple Cider Vinegar

Being a natural cleanser and detoxifier, apple cider vinegar can help remove wastes like uric acid from the body. It contains malic acid that helps break down and eliminate uric acid. Apple cider vinegar also helps restore the alkaline acid balance in the body and provides anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits

Add one teaspoon of raw, organic, unpasteurised apple cider vinegar to a glass of water
Drink this solution two or three times a day
You can gradually increase the amount of apple cider vinegar up to two tablespoons per glass of water and continue this remedy until your uric acid levels come down

2. Lemon Juice

Though it may seem that lemon juice will make the body more acidic, in actuality, it produces an alkaline effect and helps neutralize uric acid. Plus, its vitamin C content also helps lower uric acid levels

Also suggest if your father is taking alcohol to stop it as it is beneficial for both uric acid and GGTp. If non alcoholic then its fine

Try to have normal quantity of proteins (around 15 g /day) and not more. Avoid high protein diet

Please check the uric acid levels after two months and get back to monitor and if required than we can start on medication

Wishing your father good health

Dr Sridhar K
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar