Suggest treatment for high fever and cough in children

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Child Health
Question:      Hi, Good evening sir, My 6 years 5 months old son having high fever from last 3 days. I have consulted two doctors but fever has not comes down below 100 F. Doctors recommended syrup Ibugesic plus & Azee200 oral suspension. I have also give him Meftal-P. But their is no result. He has also cough problem. Doctors said, "it is viral fever". Malaria, Typhoid, Hemoglobin, Dengue test done, all normal. Kindly suggests. Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be a viral infection. You have to be patient.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

I have gone carefully through your query. Indeed it seems that your child is suffering from nothing other than a viral infection. Irrespective of treatment such fevers usually take 5-7 days to resolve. You have to be patient and continue giving medicines to bring down the temperature. Also give tepid sponging.

Let me know if I could be of further assistance.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 16 hours later
Good Afternoon Sir,
Fever is still 100 F from yesterday night. Doctor said, give syrup crocin along with Ibugesic plus. Is its correct.

Thanks!
XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can feel free to give Meftal P

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. Do not give Crocin along with Ibugesic Plus. Ibugesic Plus already contains paracetamol which is the ingredient of Crocin. So, it will double the dose of paracetamol, which is not advisable. Rather, you can give Meftal P which can reduce the temperature much better than these medicines.

Feel free to write back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar