Suggest treatment for severe headaches in a child

Question
My daughter is 5 and half years of age she had an adenotonsilectomy done in January this year..Since may she is complaining of head aches these were on and off episodes which she had if she had disturbed sleep..A dose of ibugesic plus would relive her..But since the last 10 days she has been experiencing continuous episodes of headache..She also had flu and fever so the pediatrician associated it with it...But even with the flu gone she is experiencing these headaches ..She says they originate from the back of her neck and travel through half her head..we had her eye check up done and the reports are normal
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Kampana 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It looks like migraine headache.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query and it looks like migraine headache. I would like to know id she having fever? Are there any aggravating or relieving factors? Is there associated nausea/vomitting?

As adviced by your treating doctor, ibugesic and sleep are the best treatment for migraine.

I would suggest you to get a blood test done to rule out dengue/malaria.

Looking forward.

With regards,

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for severe headaches in a child 1 hour later
No she doesn't have fever..Aggravating factors are her sleep..She needs to follow a regular sleep and wake up pattern any change starts the headache...she wants to be left alone and she hates sounds of any kind...She is just 5 years old does migraine occur in such young kids..?

Answered by Dr. Kampana 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

Yes migraine occurs in small kids as well. It can happen to anyone infants or old age If sleep is the aggravating factor, then make sure she sleeps and wakes up on time. Give her lots of fluids and juices to keep her hydrated. Symptomatic treatment is the only way to get relief from migraine.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,