Suggest treatment for hiatal hernia

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: My daughter was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia at 16.. Her doctor at the time did not want to take any further action. She is now 19 and at a healthy weight.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking on HCM!

You are reporting that your doughter has been diagnosed with hiatal hernia at 16 years old.

I am glad to hear that she is in good health now.

Hiatal hernia is not symptomatic in all cases, this is why your doughter doesn't has symptoms now.

Otherwise I would suggest to use two pillows when she lays down and to eat ofte and small amount of meal.
So since she doesn't have any symptoms now she doesn't need treatment at all.
Wish her health!
Dr.Klerida