Suggest treatment for hernia
Do hernias ever heal? Or is surgery the only answer so I can keep active. I am 55 but I still do high impact Zumba classes. I'm thinking that may be the prob? I don't know what else it could be. But jumping when I dance right now just doesn't sit well with this hernia so I am walking more and pre Cor ing.
I'm on nexium 40 mg a day until I see or talk to my doc about the results. Does that help hernias? We thought it was an ulcer
Hello and welcome
Your concern is appreciated
Hiatus hernia also causes reflux symptoms its a type of internal hernia when some part of stomach bulges into thorax through an opening in diaphragm through which esophagus is continous with stomach. Two types are sliding and paraesophageal. Most people dont experience any symptoms while some may have .
Symtoms include heart burn, chest pain, belching , diificulty swallowing like that of GERD cause one of its causes include hiatus Hernia.
Exact etiology is not known but risk factors include pregnancy, chronic cough, straining on defecation , lifting heavy objects, smoking, obesity , elderly people >50yrs
Hernia dont heel once they are formed they require surgical repair but in this case it depends in the severity of symptoms and type of hernia. Nexum do help as it reduces the symptoms caused by it. If hernia is in danger of strangulation its repaired.
Open surgery or laproscopic surgery is done .
You can also make some life style changes like avoiding caffien spicy foods carbonated drinks etc
Use milk and keep your head elevated from the body during sleep
You can use PPIs like nexum and antacids to reduce acidity.
Hope it will helps
Dr M.S Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for umbilical hernia
- Suggest treatment for infection caused after a hernia surgery
- Suggest treatment for pain from hernia
- Suggest treatment for pain and constipation after a hernia repair
- Suggest treatment for reccuring hernia
- Knee hernia treatment
- Suggest treatment for recurring hernia
- Suggest treatment for hernia and belly fat
- Suggest treatment for right side bulged inguinal hernia
- Hernia hiv treatment
- What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
- What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pressure under lower left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for scleroderma
- Is Stematil safe with Sertraline?
- What causes low MPV?
- Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
- Does Claritin Redi medication cause lymphadenopathy?
- Can hepatitis-C be contracted through a cut wound in the hand?
- What causes numbness in legs and face after taking steroid injections in...