Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for hemmoroid

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1357 Questions
Hi..m suffering form saviour piles very big hemmoroid come is very horrible n painful.. My marriage is in November I want to cure it without any operation please help me
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consult a surgeon for a simple surgical procedure Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. The protruding piles are dilated veins, which protrude out of the anus due to pressure exerted during defecation. Relief of chronic constipation (if present) with daily intake of stool-bulking agents, such as, Isabgol husk 10gm twice a day, along with at least 2.5 liters of water/day will reduce the incidence of protruding piles. Pain and discomfort is due to bruised, infected piles. A 5-7 days' course of a suitable oral antibiotic will help. In addition, daily use of anti-hemorrhoidal rectal jelly will further reduce the pain. However, protruding piles cannot be cured without surgical procedures. Alternatively, there are two simple out-patient procedures which are as effective as surgery:- * Injection of a sclerosing agent into the piles, which will clot the blood inside and collapse them permanently, and * Insertion of rubber-band like device (procedure is called Banding), which will collapse the piles by cutting of the blood supply to the piles. Both procedures are very effective in treating piles. Consult a surgeon and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me. He will examine you and- depending on the severity of piles- advise the best course of action, apart from prescribing suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor