Suggest treatment for heart burn and gastritis

Dr. Sukhvinder Singh

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi Doctor,

Im 32 years old Male , 5,5 inch height and 95 Kgs weight . For past 2 months, I was suffering from gastric. During those days, gas get filled in stomach and it will be released automatically. But before 20 days , I started having heart burn , heart pinching and arm pinching during gastric. I had visited a doctor who had immediately taken ECG ( attached herewith). They doctor recommended me sompraz-l tablet , sucrafit tonic. He also recommended me to undergo TMT , lipid profile and serum creatinine test. All the test results are attached herewith. But the problem still persists but not so serious as before 20 days. Heart burn is reduced almost but gas is getting released from my mouth continuously. Im getting pinching and pain ( as per my feelings) in my chest some times ( mostly during gastric) And pinching in my arms also. I had done all test related to cardiac as suggested by my physician to rule out the cardiac issue and he informed me that there is no issue in heart ( since TMT results are excellent) and will treat your for gastric. But still I need ur suggestion in this regards. Is this related to cardiac problem or gastric ?
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
reports are normal

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir
1. Your TMT report says that you walked on XXXXXXX protocol for ~ 8.25 minutes ( ~90% of your excellent exercise capacity) which is satisfactory. You achieved ~100% of Age Predicted Maximum Heart Rate. Since you did not develop any symptoms during the TMT, your symptoms are unlikely to be due to cardiac condition. Had it been angina, it would have troubled you during TMT test also with this level of stress. Moreover your test is reported to be negative i.e. normal.
2. Your Cholesterol levels and serum creatinine is satisfactory.
3 Your ECG has been reported to be normal although it is best interpreted by having a look at the graph.
4. You have much more weight than expected for your height. Such subjects commonly have reflux disorder. Beside anti-acid drugs, you must avoid taking fluids/water with meals. Avoid going to bed for 2-3 hours after meals. Avoid citrus fruits like lemon/ orange etc. You can have a consultation with a gastroenterologist or good internal medicine specialist. Try to lose weight.
Feel free to discuss further.
Sincerely
Sukhvinder

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E