Suggest treatment for headache, sore throat, cough and vomiting

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Fri, 7 Apr 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I need to know if I need to seek medical attention, I have a severe headache, sore throat, vomiting, cough, fever running between 100-102, congestion, extreme fatigue and muscele aches and soreness.
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Viral infection

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms, it seems that you have caught a viral infection. for fever and headache please take ibuprofen tablets 200 mg every 8 hours . this will help also with the muscle aches. for vomiting you can take primperane twice daily. for cough you should take a cough suppressant as dextromethorphan . for sore throat have some warm fluids and throat lozenges. try to rest yourself and don't excert much effort and stick to soft easily swallowed food as soup and youghurt. I hope I answered your question. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad