• question-icon

Suggest treatment for hard bump at the base of penis

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a single, small, hard, non itchy, non pain bump on the base of my penis. It appeared about 4 months after having unprotected sex. Prior to this I had not had sex with anyone that I did not know if they were std free and used a condom. When it first appeared I picked at it and it came off, no puss, just a little blood and that was it. ( I know o should not have done this) the bump came back about a month and a half later in the exact same spot. The bump has not grown in size or multiplied. I also tried the vinager test (probably not very accurate) and it did not show up as white, additionally there is a hair growing out of the side of it which I heard he oral warts can't grow a hair out of them. I am. It sure what it is and unfortunately at this time I do. It have health insurance. I am happy to provide pictures.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Molluscum contagiousum

Detailed Answer:
Hello
You might have developed molluscum contagiousum.
It is a viral infection usually transmitted sexually.
Can you please upload a photograph of the involved area.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 26 minutes later
Thanks hopefully these pictures help.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get it removed

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the photographs.
It is looking like molluscum.
Please meet a dermatologist and get it removed.
It is a minor procedure and won't take more than 15 min.
Creams won't be helpful.
It's not a dangerous thing hence you can take your time and meet a dermatologist.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist