Suggest treatment for guttate psoriasis, pain in chest ribs and limbs

Posted on Thu, 4 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am suffering from Guttate Psoriasis for the past 10 years. During the last two years, I am suffering non-bearable pain in my chest ribs, both the shoulders, both the knees and the two toes and palms. Also my right thumb finger is swelled (since one week) The area between the ankle and toe fingers of my left leg is puffed. I am following Homeopathy for Psoriasis. It controls the skin flakes, but not useful for pain management. My local physician prescribed Aceclofenac 100 mg twice a day for 15 days. The pain disappeared. But after 6 months, slowly the pain prevailed all over the body. Now I am taking the same Aceclofenac 100mg (two doses a day) for the past 4 weeks. Pain is controlled for 4-5 hours for a single dose and if miss the next dose, pain increases. I am 33 yrs married male. Kindly tell me how long I can take the Aceclofenac and what if I continue this? Why the pain returns in a regular time? Also please suggest how to get away from the arthiritis. Thank You.
Answered by Dr. Sagar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You should not take aceclofenac more than two weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM,
I appreciate your concerns.
THe symptoms you are telling me typically resembles to Psoriatic arthritis..
You cannot take aceclofenac for long duration(more than 2 weeks) because it might cause gastric ulcer followed by perforation.
Now your arthritis mechanism is getting resistance to aceclofenac so if you miss a dose the pain returns..
Now the best drug for this treatment are Steroid/Methotrexate.
Steroid is best.
Consult your doctor for dosages and duration.
Hope this will help you.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Sagar