Suggest treatment for growing cyst on the cheeks

Dr. Rahul Tawde

Posted on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 in Cancer
Question: Hello two weeks ago I had a cyst that started off as marble sized bump in the middle of my cheek within two days the marbel size shap had swollen to an oblonggated betwee my eyey to my ear at that point I when to lords hospital in owego ny the said they could not XXXXXXX the cycest because it was so close to my brain so they gave me a shot in the but and proscribed me pilss to reduse the infection they also told me to take Sudafed 12 hr to help me breat also I took XXXXXXX seltzer plus sever sious cough and liquid form to help I'm also on probation and this is the second time it has come up for methampedamine and I had a nurse tell me why
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Thank you for posting your question on HealthcareMagic.
By the description of your symptoms it looks like an abscess and not a cyst.
But the place it has happened is called the dangerous area of the face and it has direct connection to the brain .
Hence,if lancet is used and the abscess is opened the infection may spread to the brain.
I would recommend you to continue the antibiotic and injection of cephalosporin which you are taking.
I would also suggest you to add Natifloxacin ointment locally twice a day for 10 days.
Since this is the second time it has happened you have to be investigated for diabetes please get an HBA1C level done .
Hope this helps
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
what about testing positve for methampedamins
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ok

Detailed Answer:
Hello again, are you talking about methamphetamine?

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Yes would taking those otc medications make me test positive for that particular item in a drug screen?I'm baffled as to what else it could be causing this to happen.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Hello again, it is unlikely for metamphitamine to be positive by intake of any antibiotic.
This is a CNS stimulant there is no other way for it to be found positive unless you have consumed it or the samples in the lab have got mixed.

Hope this helps
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Tawde 6 minutes later
i understand about the antibiotic i was refering to the over the counter medication that i have been taking
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
The XXXXXXX seltzer which you have been taking does contain phenylpropanolamine due to which you may be tested false positive for metamphitamine.

If you found our discussion beneficial please give a review.

Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng