Suggest treatment for fungal infection on the feet

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
what is this infection on my feet and how do I treat it? tried otc lamasil and it got much worse.
Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Topical steroid and oral antihistamines

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar(Dermatologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.

Seems like Eczematous dermatitis rather than a fungal infection.
I suggest you to use an ultra potent topical steroid cream e.g either clobetasol propionate 0.05% or halobetasol propionate 0.05% cream, twice daily. Both of these are prescription topical steroids.
In addition to that you may take an OTC oral antihistamine e.g cetrizine for symptomatic relief from itching.