Suggest treatment for fish-bone stuck in the throat

Dr. Deepashree

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I am feeling there is hair like fishbone stuck in my throat 1 day. past although it is not giving. pain only feeling.what should I do.?
Answered by Dr. Deepashree 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
emergency. Consult ent.

Detailed Answer:
thanks for your query.

If you are feeling fish bone stuck in throat it needs to be removed. No empirical treatment for this. pain can be reduce with pain killers like diclofenac 50 mg tablet twice daily. Foreign body throat needs to be removed by a ent surgeon using forceps only. Don't delay. I would suggest you to consult with the doctor and get evaluated properly. Hope my answers have helped you.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj