Suggest treatment for fever in an infant
Pakacetamol 15 mg/kg body weight 4-6 hourly.
Pacemol is Paracetamol. Drops contain 100 mg/ml.
The dose depends upon the weight of the baby. It is calculated as 15mg/kg body weight. You can calculate the right dose accordingly. If you have problems finding it, let me know his current body weight.
The duration is 4-6 hours depending on the severity of fever.
Along with paracetamol you may also give tepid sponging and this will give prompt relief.
Next morning you consult your doctor.
Hope this answer will serve your purpose
Please feel free to ask any more queries if required
Associate professor of pediatrics
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for high fever
- Severe headache with fever suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for enteric fever
- Suggest treatment for typhoid fever
- Treatment infant shivering and fever
- Suggest treatments for scarlet fever or glandular fever
- Suggest treatment for fever due to uti
- Suggest treatment for high fever
- What treatment is suggested for fever
- Suggest treatment to cure high fever