Suggest treatment for vomiting and diarrhea in an infant
My 6 month old boy is suffering from vometing as well as he's also suffering from lose motion can I give him bascigl-n and pacimol drops with neopwptine
Yes, you can give these prescribed medications
Hi & Welcome.
Thanks for posting your query on HCM.
I can understand your concern.
Usually babies at this age have 'teething problem' and they tend to put everything in their mouth that might result in infection causing vomiting & diarrhea with colicky pains.
The medication prescribed by your treating doctor is fine as antibiotic will help in curing the infection and Bacigyl N in syrup is effective in controlling the infection however it will take 24-48 hours to be effective so do not worry.
If vomiting occurs you may give him Vomikind drops SOS.
Pacimol drops can be given up to 3-4 times/day for the relief of pain or fever (if he has).
You may give neopeptin drops. Give it before feeds thrice daily along with burping in between and after feeds.
Besides the above prescribed medications, the following measures can be useful:
1) Keep the baby well hydrated as he has both loose motion and vomiting. You can give ORS which is easily available, several times a day.
2) Before handling the baby make sure hands are washed and clean.
4) Continue giving him breast feeding as long he can.
Hope the suggestions given above could be useful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the treatment for vomiting and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and vomiting
- Child with diarrhea and vomiting fever treatment
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea
- Treatment of oily diarrhea infant
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea and vomiting
- Vomiting and diarrhea treatment
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea with sinus
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea