Suggest medication for fever, cough and cold in children

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Child Health
Question: My daughter is 19 months old. She is having fever cough n cold. I am giving her pacimol then fever subsides for 3-4 hrs then again its back. Giving nasoclear and coriminic qr for cold. She is not taking any solid/semi solid food. If I give her she vomits it out immediately. Please suggest medications.
Thanks
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
viral infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,
Your child is suffering from acute viral infection.
If the fever is only for 3 days then you can treat at home conservatively. But if the fever is more than 3 days, child very sick, completely stopped feeding and less active then you'll have to consult a pediatrician. For vomiting you can give her 2.5 ml of SYR. EMESET. 20 minutes before feeding. Continue the pacimol drops for fever and for cold and cough give SYR. ALLERID 2 ml 3 times a day for 2 days.

Any query do get back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 2 hours later
Thanks maam.
One doubt I am giving her cow milk,or mix milk with suji/food and give her. Should I stop giving it in this period. Or switch to formula, Please suggest food items to be given in this condition.
Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bland diet.

Detailed Answer:
If you have started cow's milk recently then stop and give the formula milk. If given from more than 2 to 3 months and child had no issues then continue cow's milk.
Give a bland diet like kichidi, poridge, soups and more liquid diet.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj