question-icon

Suggest treatment for fatigue, stuffy nose, fever, cough, chest congestion, weakness and general malaise in an elderly man

Posted on Thu, 24 Jun 2021
Question: 75 yo male 5'10" 145 lbs overall good health, but fatigue, stuffy nose, 100.1 fever, cough, chest congestion, very weak, general feeling of malaise, coming on for over a week and was hit HARD Monday. Night sweats, and day sweats too when I took a nap today.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (11 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Take Levaquin 750mg daily for 5days.

Detailed Answer:

Given your age and symptoms, you need antibiotics coverage for community acquired pneumonia. In my practice, I recommend levaquin 750mg daily for 5days. I will also add Tylenol 650mg every 8hours for fever and pain. Also, mucinex will help with the cough. Increase fluids intake to help loosen up phlegm and allow for easier expectoration.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me as you please.
Dr. Ivo Ditah