Suggest treatment for fatigue, productive cough and chills

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Thu, 24 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have fatigue, a mild cough. Yesterday it was dry today it is productive. I'm not running a fever. But I am very cold. My temperature normally is 97.8 it has been hovering around 95.6 and above. To warm up I'm under two blankets to get sleep to get some energy. I'm not shivering. When I do feel warm my temp is 97.9
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Common cold

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns.. it seems that you are starting a common cold , so you should take a cough suppressant as dextromethorphan once daily before going to bed and a mucolytic as Mucinex three times daily. Also try to drink plenty of fluids to keep the mucus from getting thick..
I would like you also to check on your glucose blood level and thyroid hormonal profile to exclude their imbalances as a cause of feeling cold.. This can be done by a blood test for fasting and postprandial blood glucose levels together with a blood test for levels of T3, T4 and TSH. I hope you find this helpful. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana