Suggest treatment for eye swelling in a child
angioneurotic edema of eye.
Since your son has been seen by pediatric ophthalmologist he may be correct. Angioneurotic edema, an ailment of allergy can present with similar symptoms. However allergy may not necessary be something from the food and drink . It can be from cosmetics, pets, pollens in the environment and others. I will also insist he gets to see the allergy specialist.
As far as the treatment is concerned, I don't see any anti allergic medicine. Tobramycin is an antibiotic and has no allergy preventing ability. In my opinion, he should be on antihistamine drugs such as levocetrizine along with antihistamine drops until the specialist appointment. Since these are prescription based medicines, discuss with his GP or the treating ophthalmologist.
Let me know if you need any more suggestions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for eye strain
- Suggest treatment for dialated eyes
- Treatment for child s watery eye swelling white discharge
- Treatment for lower eye lid swelling
- Child with squint eye what is the treatment
- Twitching in eyes suggest treatment
- Eye pain with swelling suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for dry eyes
- Treatment of eye lid swelling
- Suggest treatment for burning in eyes