Suggest treatment for extreme vaginal itching

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: Hello. I am 6 weeks pregnant and the itch on the vagina area is killing me. I just moved to the U.S so I have no idea where to look or what to do. Can I go to the CVS and get some creme or something without a doctors note?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nystatin , clotrimazole

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Based on your description , it appears to be a possible yeast infection. Though effective oral therapy with single dose is available but it should not be used in pregnancy.

The best alternative is local application of clotrimazole or nystatin cream twice a day for 14 days. Both are available over the counter and dont require a prescription from the doctor. If the itching persists after 2 days or worsens then go to a doctor near you to examine the area and advise accordingly.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil