Suggest treatment for excessive sweating and lethargy

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Women's Health
Question: hi I am a 50 year old female for the past 2and 1/2 years I have been sweating excessive I cant sleep and when I do its for about 1 to 2 hours at a time then I'm right back up from sweating I have been to several different doctors if they don't blame it on menopause then they don't know what it is. my energy level I have none I have noticed that under my right breast bone I go to touch it or rub it I sweat if I roll on my left side I sweat if I roll on right side I sweat it just never goes away. I had several different test and nothing is showing on my results
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to hormonal disturbance.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Hyperhidrosis, is a condition where in a person sweats excessively. Such people sweat even when the temperature is cool or at rest. it could be due to,
1.) Anxiety.
2.) Smoking.
3.) Alcoholism.
4.) Hyperthyroidism and various other causes.
5.) Menopause
Kindly get a Opinion from a dermatologist so that he/she can evaluate you and rule out the cause for adequate treatment. You can use a Anti perspirant after discussing it with your Doctor for example, products containing 10% to 20% aluminum chloride hexahydrate by applying to the affected areas.

Also get a Opinion for Acne which occur due to blockage of skin pores by excessive secretion of oil from the sebaceous glands of skin. You can apply anti acne creams after getting a opinion from Dermatologist.
Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. You should avoid coffee, alcoholic beverages, onions and garlic which have strong odors.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
when the sweating starts at my right breast bone as soon as I touch it or rub it that's when I start sweating or if I lay on my right side or my left side I will sweat excessive. thank you for this information I will check into it.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
it may not be related.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The lying on a side or rubbing can just be a chance that makes you aware of the sweating. it may not be a trigger to sweating.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj