Suggest treatment for excessive sneezing
Mostly it is allegic but needs further evaluation.
Welcome to health care magic,
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Excessive sneezing could be related to many problem but here I would like to ask some more information,
1) Since when you suffer from excessive sneezing
2) Do you have any other symptom like cold,cough,congestion,fever, throat pain etc
3) Have you tired any allopathic medications ever?
However,with such presentation, I would perform ENT examination to rule out,
i) allergic rhinitis,
ii) vasomotor rhinitis or
iii) deviated nasal septum (nasal blockage).
iv) If necessary nasal endoscopy (to exclude pus (sinusitis) or polyp), blood tests (absolute eosinophilic count).
You may require steroidal nasal sprays, antihistamines and nasal decongestant drops depending on the investigations.
Hope this answers your question,
Wishing you good health.
2, sometimes i do feel cold and coughing
3, no, i have never tried allopathic medication
Go for ENT examination,take symptomatic treatment meanwhile.
Thanks for the follow-up.
This is likely to be due to rhinitis (allergic or infective) or acute sinusitis but you need to rue out other possibilities also.
Excessive sneezing with runny nose is mostly due to viral infection because of our low immunity or allergic to certain substances like dust,pollens or grass.
Meanwhile,you can take symptommatic treatment,
1) Take antibiotics (quinolones like ofloxacin or macrolides like azithromycin) to prevent super-infection.Some local doctor or GP may prescribe it.
2) Take antiallergic drugs like antihistamines (cetrizine or levocetrizine) with mast cell stabilizers (montelukast) to combat allergic symptoms.
3)Take decongestants like phyenylephrine if you have congestive symptoms in nose or throat.
4) Steroid nasal spray like rhinocort,flonase or beconase.
5) Nebulisation twice daily with saline or take steam inhalation 2 to 3 times a day will also be helpful.
Also,the best way to cure allergy is to avoid contact with the allergen,so you can make out which particular substance is causing it and try avoid contact it.
So,You should consult ENT specialist who can recommend you certain blood tests, ESR and X-ray of face with ENT examination to make a diagnosis clear.
Hope this information will help you.If still any query then you can ask me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for baby sneezes
- What is the treatment for sneezing and breathing problem
- What are the treatments for cough sneezing and rashes
- Treatment and cure for Severe sneezing
- Suggest treatment for allergic sneezing
- Treatment and cure for Sneezing
- Suggest treatment for runny nose and sneezing
- Treatment and cure for early morning sneezes
- Suggest treatment for cold and sneezing
- Treatment for cold cough and sneezing of child