Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Dr. Remy Koshy

Posted on Sat, 18 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I m newly married and Virgin , not able to penetrate because stiffness going away soon due to this not able to wear condom and also I cum very early before entering. I am sexually very fine and used to masturbate earlier without loosing stiffness. I am not able to understand what's going wrong now when I actually need. Please advise me some quick and easy way for now.

Also is taking I pill safe for my wife and when and how much she should take
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below...

Detailed Answer:
Hello Abhas,
Thanks for posting your query,

I have read through your query and can understand your concern,

You seem to be having secondary erectile dysfunction (situational), where you are always able to obtain an erection but not able to do so with new partner and experiences; in other words performance anxiety.

Stress is the major cause for erectile dysfunction. High levels of stress can affect the physiological ways by decreasing the blood flow to the penis. Similarly, performance anxiety is a form of stress, which may have this effect on your performance.

I would suggest you to consult with an urologist and can consider options for Sildenafil, only as an when needed, which will help in boosting your confidence.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to do the following:
- Engage in daily exercises of minimum 45 mins
- consume a healthy diet
- avoid alcohol or smoking

Hope this helps

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Remy Koshy 17 hours later
ok so for now can I start with slidenafil and what is the doses and when to take . is it safe and fine or any side effects
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 27 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below..

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Thanks for the follow up,

I am extremely sorry for the delay in my response as I got caught up with my clinical routine.

Yes, you may decide to start on sildenafil, but I would not encourage you to take this continually.

Also this drug should be taken only under medical supervision, as any other medical conditions should be ruled out, prior to this medication. This drug can be taken once daily, and its effects may last for upto 4 hours.

Side effects are usually heart related issues, painful erection, visual disturbances, headache, dizziness, flushing or feeling of warmth.

As for your wife, taking I pill regularly is not a safe practise as it contains high dosage of hormones which may have its consequences later on. She can be started on oral contraceptives which contains very minute levels of hormones.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask further,