Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
192 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Answered by
Dr. Chintan Solanki


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 2406 Questions

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Erectile Dysfunction
Question: I am experiencing erectile dysfunction, I am only able to achieve halve erection currently but still able to have an orgasms. I am a 63 yrs old white male and have used Viagra 100mg in the past but no longer seems to work for me. I am in relative good health and not take any medications of any kind.

Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
tadalafil and tetrafol plus

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. I can understand your concern.

Treatment of erectile dysfunction:
5- PDE inhibitor group of medicines like sildenafil or tadalafil are used. One of them should be used 2 hours prior to sex. They cause headache, stuffy nose nausea and gastric discomfort like common side effects. Proper physical check-up of cardiac system should be done by a doctor before starting the same. These are prescription medicines and you need to consult doctor/psychiatrist/sexologist for the prescription.
You have already tried sildenafil (viagra) so tadalafil is good option for you.

You can use another medicine cum vitamin supplement containing pyridoxal-5-phosphate, mecobalamin and l-methylfolate (trade name tetrafol plus) is very helpful in my patients. It has shown improvement in 50-60% patients of mine with ED. You should take it after meal twice a day. If you feel some improvement in 15 days you should continue for at least 1 month. You may get this medicine over the counter as it is vitamin product. You need to ask your pharmacist/chemist to find out supplement with mentioned contents.

Serum testosterone level should be checked once. If it is low, supplement can be given.

Diabetes should be ruled out by blood sugar check up and cardiac and prostate check up should also be done if not done yet as they are important factors for ED at age of 63.

There are some natural lifestyle measures which help to improve blood flow to penis and overall sexual performance.

- The most important factor is healthy heart. Blood is pumped in to body by heart. So regular exercise and avoidance of fatty fast food are important measures to prevent heart disease. Regular walking, swimming or running overall improves blood flow to whole body circulation including penis and keep the mind fresh.

- Good healthy food is also an important aspect. Bananas, Garlic, dry fruits(they contains vitamins), eggs, cow milk, cow butter are good food which may help in erectile dysfunction.

If I were your treating doctor I would like to start tadalafil and tetrafol plus after completing all investigations.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.


Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Testosterone level

doctor1 MD

My total testosterone level is 735, with my free test level being 71, with a range of 50 to 180 for free test according to the doctor. Is my free...

doctor1 MD

Hi j got married one month before and notice something Surprising.i was not keep erection during intercourse.however erection was.ok but it...

doctor1 MD

I am a 52 years old man 10 months ago I notice I was not getting a erection. My doctor said my prostate was a little large but not to bad {I am on...

doctor1 MD

I am a 62 year old male. I am seeing my regular doctor soon for my checkup. I have requested a testosterone test be done along with my other...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor I was on diane 35 for a year and a half along with glyciphage. upon getting a scan and blood tets recently the results show that i still...

doctor1 MD

sir i want to know that my testosterone levels are just in normal range, but what i have observed my testicles have reduced in size and they seems...

doctor1 MD 22 years .. I had a problem with erection from 5 months..and it statrd with pain at anus and it also developed in penis and loss of...