Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

187 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Answered by
Owl Image
Dr. Chintan Solanki


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 2406 Questions

Around 8 years i have taken Amlopress-At for controling BP,from last 2 years i have change the tablet as per the advice of cardiologist now i am taking Telma 40 Tab.Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction
Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Sexual Health
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult Sexologist and start medicines

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using healthcare magic.
Treatment of erectile dysfunction(ED) is there.
Causes of erectile dysfunction(ED)are psychological and /or physical.Treatment for both are easily accessible.
Hope you do not have addiction of smoking,tobacco chewing and alcohol. If anything among these is used, please stop.
As you are suffering from hypertension,cause of your ED would be more physiological.Any medicine used for treatment of hypertension(high blood pressure) can cause erectile dysfunction.Effects vary individual to individual. Atenolol which you were taking in past can cause ED but not with telmisartan you taking right now.

For your treatment two types of methods.
One is medicines(which I would prefer initially in your case,if I were your treating doctor) in which sildenafil or tadalafil like medicines(phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (PDE5 inhibitor)) can be used which are taken just before 1-2 hours of sex. These medicines generally causes headache. Tadalafil 20 mg is more suitable to you as you are known case of hypertension.Other drugs are trazodone, yohimbine or testosterone which is given after examination and according to need by psychiatrist/sexologist.
Another medicine is called methylfolate+pyridoxal phosphate (trade name tetrafol plus ) which is taken two times after meal daily.It may effective in some patients with homocystiene deficiency.I guess in your case it will work as few of my patients with hypertension and diabetes mellitus had responded well.

Another treatment option is sex counselling which includes couple counseling, master& XXXXXXX technique and so on.You should visit doctor with your wife and may get good results with frequent sessions and in future your medicines need would decrease.
So you should go to psychiatrist/qualified sexologist for consultation with your all past records of medicines-case papers and decide your treatment after discussion with him.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to answer if still any query.
Regards, Dr. Chintan Solanki
Above answer was peer-reviewed by

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  

Recent questions on Testosterone

doctor1 MD

Dr I have low testosterone from my child hood but it was not noted though the reports speaks In the mean time I got married but I lose the desire of intercourse though love sex and could never able to discharge seman in my wifes vagina and unfortunately my marriaged broked, now I am 35 years of age and would be 36 very soon I am 180cm in hight and my weight is 101 kg I am trying to lose weight desperetly my current testastorene lable is 3.2ng/ml

doctor1 MD

i am a 16 year old
height : 171 cm
weight 52 kg
and i hit puberty a year and a half back. but i have been unable to grow a beard and a mustache. moreover i do not last more than 1 minute while masturbating. could i be suffering from low testosterone?

doctor1 MD

Hello, I have been diagnosed with low testosterone and have started using the prescribed gel in the last week. One of the issues i have experienced is erectile dysfunction. I have also experienced seminal leakage over the last couple of years and would like to know if the T gel will cure this or if i need something else to cure it. Where i used to get an erection, now loads of semin comes out of my penis instead and it is a problem for me. any advice would be appreciated. thanks

doctor1 MD

I have been told by my doctor that I have high testosterone. I'm a 32 year old female. I also have bad skin and am on medication for it. I did not have bad skin until a couple of years ago. Is this from my testosterone level? Also, I heard that when you're pregnant you hair does not fall out. I'm pregnant and my hair is still falling out? is this due to testosterone?

doctor1 MD

I have high blood pressure(165/110) and was put on Lisinoprin 3 weeks ago and it has come down about 30 points...however i have head aches and have shortness of breath . I wake up at night and feel like i'm not getting enough oxygen . I weigh 260...

doctor1 MD

My total testosterone level is 735, with my free test level being 71, with a range of 50 to 180 for free test according to the doctor. Is my free test low or normal. I am 55 at 5' 9, 189lbs I cant find a chart that shows my free test levels...

doctor1 MD

can aplastic anemia be treated with testosterone therapy . the are quite a number of tests (from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX to lesser known medical schools) involving hundreds of 65 plus males who where given testosterone treatments over a period of time and...