Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I need a specialist that is pretty knowledgable in premature ejactulation and or erectile dysfunction
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need proper evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have problem of erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Are you married or indulged in sexual activities(Sex) with female partner?
2) Have you ever consulted any qualified Urologist or Sexologist for your problems?
3) Have you done any blood tests or other investigations to find out the cause of
your problems

In absence of any major health issues cause of ED and premature ejaculation are mind related and due to what is called as performance anxiety.

Following measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good erection.and delay ejaculation.
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking..

Taking Sildenafil Sildenafil (Viagra)as on demand will help to get good hard sustainable erection and to have enjoyable sex.

If these measure fail even after 4-6 months consult qualified Urologist or Sexologist for clinical assessment and get following basic tests done to trace out cause of your ED.
1_ Blood Tests for --Serum Testosterone ,Prolactin.Thyroid Hormone assessment ,
2) Colour Doppler Ultrasound scanning of Penis to rule out arterial insufficiency or venous leak as a cause of ED.

Further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests and final diagnosis

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 17 hours later
I am engaged in sexual activitys. I have consulted a therapist a while back and she prescribed klonopin for me. That seemed to help a great deal, but I moved and no longer can see that therapist. how do I get a prescription of viagra?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Klonopin is anti anxiety drug.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.

In view of the drug Klonopin that has worked for you is anti anxiety medication continue the same for couple of days.

You can get prescription for Viagra from your family Physician.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.