Suggest Remedies For Severe Constipation
It should have read: taking 3 solace a day for the past three days
Constipation is a common cause of small round bowel movement - please see below for recommendations related to this.
Thank you for asking at HealthcareMagic.
I read your question carefully and understand your concern.
Having bowel movement in a small round form is one of the typical findings in constipation and it is a very common issue in females and with age.
Especially if you have difficulty emptying your bowel is another sure sign. Sometimes you might be having an easy bowel movement and still have constipation especially if the typical forms like small round or pencil-like shapes.
To conclude I would recommend you to:
1. make sure you take fruit and vegetable with diet and drink well.
2. take some extra fiber as supplements like Metamucil (psyllium)
3. if these do not help enough than taking lactulose syrup 1-2 tablespoons a day will help soften the stools and ease the bowel movements.
4. if you have not had a colonoscopy in the last couple of years it is recommended to have one every 5-10 years and whenever a change in the bowel movement for a while or other complaint with bowel (blood with stools, abdominal pain, etc).
5. it does not seem in your history as to be taking medications specifically due to this (Solace contains Alprazolam, an anti-anxiety medication), but in case you do, please consider that some medications might affect bowel movement and you will need to check this in case you use medications, even supplements.
I hope this is helpful and answers your question but please feel free to reply in case more clarification is needed on this.
Antoneta Zotaj, MD