Suggest treatment for endometrial polyp inside the endometrial cavity
I've been experiencing dull lower back ache & I've never had issues with my back. If I'm honest, the wording..."not entirely simple in nature" has put fear in me.
possible complex cyst...explained
Thanks for the query to HCM,
ThE report clearly indicates an endometrial polyp inside the endometrial cavity which probably causes irregular spotting and bleeding during inter menstrual period and best would be to get it removed hysterosopically.
Secondly an ovarian cyst of size more than 4 cm with internal septations and echoes can be a complex cyst which is indicative of an ovarian carcinoma in most cases. This morphology however needs to be further confirmed by a CT SCAN where septations can be better viewed and also tumour markers would be required like CA 125, CEA, AFP and BETA HCG for correlating the same.
The cyst is large and even if its not complex still it would require removal by laparoscopy.
There is a possibility that it can be an endometriotic cyst which gives a similar appearance on ultrasound and hence a CT SCAN should be undertaken along with tumour markers.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Endometrial polyp prognosis
- Are endometrial polyps painful
- What is the treatment for endometrial polyp
- Endometrial polyp removal
- Endometrial polyp treatment
- Endometrial polyps and abdominal cramps
- Endometrial polyp surgery
- Endometrial polyps and lubrication
- Treatment and cure for Endometrial polyp
- Endometrial polyps and cancer risk